This page explains how to configure Auto Lock of computers in domain environment
- Open the group policy management in a domain controller
- You can select the Domain Default policy or for an OU you want to apply the policy on.
- If the OU you want to apply the policy on does not have policy, you can create one for it.
- Right-click the Policy and select ‘Edit’
The Group Policy Management Editor windows will open.
Step 1: Configure Screen Saver settings
- Go to:
- User Configuration
- Administrative Templates
- Control Panel
- in the right panel change:
- Enable screen saver to Enabled
- Password protect screen saver to Enabled
- Screen saver time out to desired time in seconds
- Optional: Force specific screen saver to The name of the screen aver you want to use
Step 2: Configure Security Policy
- Go To:
- Computer Configuration
- Windows Settings
- Security Settings
- Local Policies
- Security Options
- In the right panel change
- Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit to Time In Seconds
Step 3: Apply and commit changes
- Open command prompt as administrator
- Type in
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.